1-Wire Weather Station
The 1-wire weather station was the original hobbiest introduction to 1-wire technology.
A very clever cludge, written up in the 1998 article from Sensors Magazine.
The weather station is available from AAG Electronica.
- OWFS doesn't directly manage a 1-wire weather station.
- Individual sensors are supported
- Barometer (thanks the Mr Aitor at AAG and Dr. Melhuish at OWW)
- Wind direction requires interpreting directory listings for DS2401 or DS2450 voltage measurements depending on the design
- Wind speed requies counting and interpreting the DS2423 counter. (Requires knowing the conversion between rpm and Wind Speed)
- Rainfall requires interpretting the DS2423 counter and the bucket size.
- Weather station management could easily be built on top of OWFS using any of the available language bindings (owtcl, owperl, C, ...)
- There is the nice OWW (One Wire Weather) open-source project by Dr. Simon Melhuish
- Not currently compatible with OWFS since both try direct Bus Master control
- It is possible, though not implemented, to have OWW run against owserver.
- AAG Electronica
1-wire weather station. Humidity. Temperature. Barometer. Rainfall. Wind.
- Hobby Boards
Humidity. Temperature. Solar. Moisture (soil, leaf). Barometer. Lightning. Rainfall. Wind.
- Web Community