Object write process
- All objects are entered in "ascii" format i.e. "12.4 " except binary data
- Binary data is not well suited to the command line, but works well in filesystem and language modules.
- Array objects are comma separated except binary data
- number of array elements must match file type.
- Null (blank) entry is permitted for date (shortcut for current time)
- Null (blank) entry permitted for string data
- non-zero offset permitted only for scalar string data
- non-zero offset not permitted for ANY array, including strings
- object should be copied for caching before low-level routines (where it can be damaged)
- zero return for valid write